Thursday 4 June 2015

Comfort Zones

Funny things, comfort zones ... too easy to get stuck in.

Now, there's nothing wrong with a bit of security - I've been enjoying a period of relative, if slightly bumpy on occasion, security for a while now - and it's been rather nice - especially after the fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants period which preceded it. But it doesn't encourage you to think, or change, or write blogs, or do anything except get on getting on...

I've been getting on getting on, and enjoying the moment. Daisyfay is nearly at the end of Year 4 now, and I am still trying to enjoy every minute and not panic about how fast everything is passing. We're a lot further from destitute than we've been in a very long time, though still not very close to the campervan ...  and that's what got me writing this again: I mean to, I enjoy it when I do, but I allow the getting on to get in the way. So I've decided that the enjoying the moment philosophy needs a bit more of me in it ...

I'm feeling all inspired to look forward (as I sit here in the echoing, noisy splendour of Splashzone, watching Daisyfay and the Forever Friend - friends since they were two, she is the calm to the Miracle Girl's chaos - and they're planning on staying friends forever - I really hope they do...) ... yes, feeling all inspired because someone got me out of my comfort zone, twice, in one week - takes a pretty special someone to do that!

So, here goes me, writing this, planning on buying some hair straighteners, and investigating the actual price of a completely untrendy, non-VW campervan (think that's a dream too far at the moment!).

The sun is shining, the sky is blue, and life is full of possibilities ...

No comments:

Post a Comment